Quote of the week

“To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If you're not, pretend you are.” – Muhammad Ali

Thursday, June 2, 2011

60 seconds with Pali Tšalong

Pali Tšalong (left)
The Molapo Sports Centre takes time out to catch up with Matlama favourite Pali Tšalong. Tšalong was hugely influential in Matlama’s league and cup double success last season, chipping in with a bunch of vital goals. His absence through injury has been sorely felt this season and Tse Putsoa have struggled to hit the thrilling highs of the 2009/10 campaign.

We sneak a minute of the silky attacking midfielder’s time – true paparazzi style.

Here goes...

Captain Pali, what’s been your biggest achievement as a player?
Winning the Vodacom Soccer Spectacular and the league in the same season (2009/10). I had a wonderful season.

Who is the best coach you have ever had?
Tata (Ntebele Taole), he understood my game more than anyone else and he got the best out of me.

Which is your favourite goal and most memorable match of your career so far?
I scored a long range cracker with my left foot against Linare in a 1-0 win last season, and the most memorable match was beating LCS 3-1 shortly after we had beaten them in the Soccer Spectacular final. I remember I scored a powerful header in that game.

What’s the best piece of advice you have received?
The best advice I received was from Leslie Notši while he was still coach at Matlama, “be yourself son”.

Who is the best player you have played against?
Ralekoti (Mokhahlane) of LCS is the best I have played against.

And who is the best you have played with?
I had good understanding with Tšoanelo Koetle.

Who was your football role model growing up?
I admired Matlama legend Tšepo Mofelehetsi.

Who is your favourite footballer and why?
I like Andrea Pirlo; he makes the game look very easy.

Your favourite ground?
My favourite ground is Masheshena’s Central Prison ground.

And lastly, who would you say is the best player in Lesotho at the moment? Who has impressed you the most this season?
I have been impressed by Lieta Lehloka of LCS; his wonderful work-rate is what I like most.

No comments:

Post a Comment